Friday, October 3, 2008

Mr. Deville...I'm ready for my close up.

How-How!

It is with sadness and excitement to announce that I no longer will be working for the Y-Guides & Princess program with the YMCA of the Triangle Area and the Mighty Arapahoe Nation.

This was not an easy decision. Never before have I had to make a life altering decision that I did not want to make. For most of my life, I have wanted to make these decisions…from working down at Sea Gull and Seafarer to moving to New Zealand to hiking the Appalachian Trail…these were all things that I made a conscious effort to do. But to make the decision to leave a program, location, and coworkers in which I feel comfort and excitement was one of the hardest decisions.

So now I move on to the YMCA of Northwest North Carolina in Winston Salem to run their Adventure Guide program. This is the same father/child program as YGP, and I have been tasked to bring my flair and structure to the Adventure Guides.

I cannot begin to thank everyone who has helped, guided, and laughed with me over this past year. I tell all the dads in the trainings I run that I do not have a child, but the experience that I get from this program is tremendous. I can’t even imagine what you, as fathers, experience. Thank you.


Sincerely,

Andrew “Salty Dog” Plyler
































































Can you name that movie quote?!

No comments: